Sunday, April 3, 2011

The American Church in Paris makes a Wonderful Afternoon.

After checking morning emails, my reading glasses get caught in my hair and the left side breaks in half as I remove them. Snap! "$#&*!" I reply, as the morning begins.

Brushing my teeth in a hurry for church, "Crack!" says my toothbrush handle as I scrub my back teeth. "You're kidding me?!" I say to the brush as I lay it on the sink. 

Rushing to church; It's rainy and cold as I stand shivering at the ATM machine, waiting to get my monthly cash allowance. "Billet ne sont pas disponibles." Bills are not available...is the message I get. No Cash. I can only smile and walk away. 

Arriving at the train station, ah alas, the train is scheduled to be on time. My luck has changed so, I decide to buy a bottle of water to relax and enjoy on the ride to church. Standing in front of the machine, pushing buttons, I hear a voice beside me, "Madam, that machine is not working." a woman explains to me in English.  
Why was I not surprised? 

This was the morning I explained to my friend Ana-Maria as we met for coffee and lunch after church.
"Oh, you should write about your morning in your blog!" she replied enthusiastically.  
Finally making it to church. Today's Program, resting in my lap.

I arrived late.  This is the view from the balcony.

First Sunday of the month there was communion and special presentations.
(There's my friend Ana-Maria down there.)
I couldn't resist capturing the beauty of the main window as the pastor pointed out Jesus in red and the stars above His head.
Even on a rainy overcast day, the windows are still so beautiful.

The refreshing April Showers and the inspiring church service cancelled out the morning craziness, and started the beginning of another wonderful afternoon in Paris.  

No comments:

Post a Comment