The Sainte-Chapelle was built between 1242 and 1248 to display the relics of the Passion of Christ. The Crown of Thorns was purchased in 1239 and was the most famous relic of the Chapel.
There's "something" special about Sainte-Chapelle. Inside the Lower Chapel.
Lower Chapel was used by the palace workers.
The King's fleur-de-lis symbol.
The Upper Chapel with 15 Stained Glass Windows was used by the Royals.
Upper Chapel includes statues of the 12 apostles of Christ.
The 15 windows tell the story from Genesis through the resurrection of Christ.
The Palace of Justice today.
Inside the Palace Gates.
Sainte-Chapelle and the Conciergerie are all that remain from the oldest palace of the kings of France.