Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fête de la Musique 2011

"Oh I don't wanna to be the 5th wheel tonight." I told my friend Ana Maria. "Don't worry, my French friend knows a thousand people! You won't be alone." she assured me.
So with that promise, I agreed to go out and celebrate Fete de le Music tonight with 2 girlfriends and their guy friends.

Ten minutes later, my cell phone rings. "Florence! It's Florence! what are you doing tonight!?! When did you get back? Oh my gosh, my day has been so crazy...I'm on the metro now...." it's my French friend Florence who's always enthusiastic.
"Meet me at Palais Royal at 9:00 for Fête de la Musique. I'm meeting a few other friends." I told her.
"Okay!" she agreed.

I always believe everything happens for a reason, and for some reason, Florence and I couldn't mange to find my other friends. (is there such a thing as the 5th and 6th wheel?) We did manage to meet several friendly strangers while enjoying Fête de la Musique 2011, the celebration of the beginning of Summer! 



Florence and Florence lost in the crowd
The crowd
The best band of the night. Music from the French territory of Martinique


Sounds of the night
Florence and Florence 
(I'm still happy to have a friend with the same name!)
It's just past midnight, reminding me of the movie I saw last night, "Midnight in Paris"
Me and my favorite boots, waiting for the metro home

Fête de la Musique 2011, the beginning of another wonderful Summer in Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment