Thursday, September 22, 2011

Over the Counter Drugs and a Great Friend

"What can I bring you? I've got Tylenol, Aleve, Benadryl...." my friend Ana offered, concerned about my laryngitus voice over the phone.
It's true, I absolutely love Paris, but a few things that can really cloud up my rose colored love affair with this city:

1. Being sick and single in Paris.
2. Not being able to go to Walgreens, CVS or even Wal-mart to pick up a few over the counter drugs.

Oh, how I miss American drugs. Why don't the French have over the counter drugs? Why don't they have the good stuff, like Tylenol, Robitussin or anything cold and flu?
Thank God for good friends in Paris

...and thank God for wonderful Parisian desserts! (all of them)

Just last week Ana and I were laughing and talking over her home-made pizza and wonderful French pasteries.

One week later, I was sick with a cold. Thank God for American friends in Paris who bring a few extra over the counter drugs back with them. I'm almost over the mysterious cold, no thanks to French meds or a French man.

No comments:

Post a Comment