Thursday, August 19, 2010

Taste, smell, sights and sounds of Paris.

Walking down the sidewalk, going to meet a friend, the smell of fresh baked breads and pastries rushes up my nose and into my brain. I hear the fresh pastries calling my name: "Bonjour Florence! Look at Us!"

It seems so unfair that the bakery kitchen vents the wonderful warm scents onto the sidewalks in the early morning.
It feels like abuse to my "low carb" diet. I can't resist as the scent pulls me inside the bakery to "browse".
It seem so unfair that you can't reply" "No thanks, I'm just looking." when the pastry chef behind the counter asks, "May I help you Mademoiselle?"

Sometime living in Paris with so many temptations just seems so unfair.


mmm...smell the scent before you arrive.

"Bonjour! What a wonderful morning!" they say.
"We're fresh!" they say with a smile.

"Ah, Bonjour! We are the ones you smell!" they say.
Low Carb?

Who can resist? mmm...
I wish I could share the taste, smell, sights and sounds of Paris with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment