Monday, September 20, 2010

Dinner with Roger and "Mom"

Saint Germain

"Hello Florence, do you feel like going out to dinner tonight?" Roger called wanting to know.
"I'm really not feeling well. I'm sorry." I explained, adding "...and I have a project that I'm working on."
"Oh, that's too bad. Mom is here, she's coming along and we're going to Fajitas for Mexican. It's my last night in Paris, ya know? Would you like to speak to mom?" he casually suggested in one breath, my favorite restaurant in Paris, adding his mother to the equation (the best mother-in-law I've never had), and his last night in Paris, knowing there would be no possible way for me to resist.
"Oh, Sure. Yes, okay. I'll go." I replied as he gave his mom the phone.

Although Fajitas Mexican restaurant was closed on Monday, Sharon "mom" scouted out a great "comfort food" restaurant in Saint Germain where we all shared a wonderful dinner, dessert and another great evening in Paris...until they return again next year.
Roger, Me and Sharon
Dessert of course.
Until we do it again next year, dinner with Roger and his mother will always be a warm "comfort food" memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment