Wednesday, June 23, 2010

An Afternoon in St Tropez.

Adrian has finally finished polishing her newest jewel in Paris. St Tropez. The finishing touch was adding the turquoise patio umbrella, a task which I volunteered to complete. Of course the task also included relaxing afternoon in the shade, "testing" the umbrella for future guests.



Ah, a Shady Terrace in Paris.

Umbrella Testing.


The umbrella test was a success as I was shaded from the dark cloud of a recent "break-up" hovering over my head for the past few weeks. I'm grateful for supportive phone conversations with my best friend "B" as I relax on the terrace.


"He won't return my calls and he doesn't want to talk to me anymore." I complain to B, about being dumped.

"Florence, usually when a man dumps a woman, he doesn't talk to her anymore. That's normal." B explains without much emotion.


"We've known each other for 2 years now. How can he just drop our friendship?" I wanted to know.

"Two years is enough time for a man to get what he wants from a woman." B replies, as I wonder if maybe I did not give enough, or maybe I gave too much?


"What do you want from him anyway?" B asks, wanting an honest answer.

"I don't know." I answer honestly.


I do know that being in Paris is still absolutely fabulous, and although some men are like the dog crap on the sidewalk that we might accidentally step in one day, it only stinks for a little while, but life is much more pleasant the further we stay away from the the crap.


Spending the afternoon on the terrace of St Tropez talking to my best friend B, makes everything alright again.


No comments:

Post a Comment