Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Walk Through Montmartre.

This evening I decided to visit Montmartre and Sacre-Coeur (the Sacred Heart Basilica). The Basilica construction started in 1876 and was finished in 1884. It was built devoted to the Sacred Heart of Jesus after the Franco-Prussian War of 1870.

There's no other place in Paris, that has the "feel" of Montmartre, the highest part of Paris. Today I just felt like strolling through the winding streets, soaking in the cozy village atmosphere, and still amazed that I "live" in this enchanting city of Light, called Paris.


Spring Sidewalk Dinner and Drinks.
Strolling through the hills of Montmartre.

Walking through the less touristy quiet back streets...

Stunning...Sacre-Couer.

The bell of Sacre-Coeur is one of the largest in the world.

Truly Amazing Architecture. (Side View)

Romano-Byzantine Architecture Style. Sacre-Coeur crowns the highest point in Paris.
(Front View)
A Place to Contemplate...(View from Front)

Walking back to the metro. I couldn't resist snapping one more photo. Paris is just so amazingly charming and beautiful!

The evening was just a nice walk up the hills, through the narrow streets, back down the hill, then home again.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The last time I was at Sacre-Coeur was in 1996 with my beautiful mommy, dad, and Victoria. Thank you for sharing. Pics brought back a lot of really wonderful memories, especially the stairs at dusk.
    Marilena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I was thinking the same thing and remember walking these streets that night. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete