Sunday, September 27, 2009

'Materialistic Shopping'

...wearing Designer Dresses

Trying on dresses by Yves Saint Laurent , Givenchy, and CHANEL can make even an ex-military girl who's worn combat boots for the past several years feel like a lady.

Givenchy designs were perfect for my body, amazingly following each curve, hiding flaws and falling at exactly the right length everywhere. The dresses are 'casually sexy' and if I had to pick a personal favorite, it would be Givenchy.
http://www.givenchy.com/

CHANEL jackets are the amazing construction of fabric into clothing. Like magic. CHANEL is a work of art that should be framed. I almost cried when I had to give the jacket back to the sales lady as she hung it on the rack. The CHANEL jacket now sits lonely on the rack, waiting for me to save Euros for 6, maybe 7 months and return for our more permanent reunion.
http://www.chanel.com/fashion/8#8

A Louis Vuitton handbag also waits for my to return, but this time, not via following a strange Asian woman zig-zaging 2 NYC blocks into an abandoned school yard to make a cash purchase hidden inside a black garbage bag. An experience only a childhood friend like Marilena would follow me through to make a 'special price' Louis Vuitton purchase. No, this Louis Vuitton handbag waits inside a Paris boutique.

Needless to say, there's a huge, huge difference between the fit and flow of the designer dresses and my usual wardrobe selections. It's as if the French designer clothing are making love to the body that wears them but only the wearer and the clothing really know whats going on as others only see the beauty and flow as they walk by.

My usual everyday clothes and I have a mutual agreement, "You just stay on me, keep me warm, and protected and I'll keep you clean." is all I ask of my wardrobe. None of this French make love to me, make me feel good like a lady kinda fashion. Now I see, there is a difference.

Maybe I'm too far fashion gone, but 'Materialistic Shopping' feels nice in Paris and soon, as pictured above, I will be ...wearing (a few) Designer Dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment