Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bloom Where You're Planted...Even if You Have to Walk

This afternoon, I felt like running, so I put on my workout clothes, laced up my running shoes and hit the door for the outside. The weather was perfect, my feet were happy to have a pair of running shoes instead of strappy heeled sandals laced up around them. They told my legs to get ready for a good run. My legs were happy for the long awaited challenge, my heart started pumping blood faster as my nose and mouth agreed on inhale through the nose, exhale through the mouth. My arms were ready to pump in rhythm with my legs. We were all geared up. I love to run and I needed to run, when my knees tuned in to the preparation for a "good run", they moaned as if they were 85 years old. "Uh, we're not ready."

"What? You're kidding, right? This is a perfect day for a good run!" I said. "No, we're not ready yet, and besides, walking is just as good for you..." my knees pleaded. "We'll last a lot longer if you walk." I don't know if that was a threat or just a comment from my knees, but I decided to walk-a long walk.

As I walked, I thought about all the things I want to accomplish here in Paris. My ultimate goal is to "Just Live" here in a wonderful luxury apartment home where I can have all my friends and family visit in comfort. I walked past so many beautiful homes, all I could do was imagine living in one of them. I wanted to live in luxury now, as I have in the past.

Living in luxury is so much easier when the government, or the agency or the company is paying the price...I miss those days. How can I match that on my own? I realized that the knowledge, experience, and background that I have could easily put me back into the world of earning the income to afford the luxuries I know, but my background and experience are not my true passion and that would be the trade-off. My passion for the money. No Deal!

For now, I will continue to follow my passion until the income of the experience of my past no longer haunts me. I believe I can get to where I want to be, one step at a time, although I don't know when or how. Today I realized that I must bloom where I am planted, right here in this tiny studio in the suburbs of Paris called Levallois-Perret.


I didn't realize I lived so close to the beautiful Boulevard Victor Hugo. I miss these things because I don't usually walk...


I walked past this "gated" community...there's a traffic arm at the street entrance. These remind me of my 3 level townhouse in Colorado. I could live here??...(I wonder...)

Beautiful apartment homes peering over the tree tops...I'll live there one day!


...or maybe I'll live in a modern apartment home near the center of town?


then again, there's always the option of a quiet country feel of a secluded side street....

The only thing I know for sure, is that today I have decided to bloom where I'm planted, don't push it, and it will all come to me...some how, some way... I know it!
(and it will all be included in this blog...)

No comments:

Post a Comment