Friday, October 30, 2009

Text Message



"Did you get lost in Marseille? I've been trying to get in touch with you." text beeps on my phone.

Yes, I know. I've been pretty busy. I think to myself, looking at the words.

"Work has been stressful and I'm planning a weekend getaway. Would you like to join me?"
"Where?" I text back, forgetting that I am now on a new page in my life.

"How about Casablanca in Morocco? I'm looking at flights and a hotel right now." text returns.
I thought Casablanca was a movie. I think to myself, but don't text back.

"You will need to ask for 3 days off from work and we will return on Tuesday." the text continues.
I'm on a new page. No distractions, no vacations. Focus on business and personal goals.

"I'm sorry, I will not be able to go." I text back.
"Alright then. Maybe we can meet for tea when I return. Take Care." ends the text.

3 comments:

  1. It's good that you stuck to your guns and said no. I can't say I would have done the same thing though. Me + travel opportunities = no responsible though enters my brain....it is just yes, yes, yes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are well...tried to send you an email - (blackberry account is the last one I have...) but it was returned. Take care,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Rhonalala, Thanks, I'll have him txt you next time! lol...just kidding!

    Carriegirl, Glad to see you. Don't know why the BB msg was returned? Hotmail works...or of course you can also find me somewhere between these posts. We'll talk soon.

    ReplyDelete