Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Happy Thanksgiving in Paris

This Thanksgiving was celebrated with French and American friends, an all-American traditional dinner, and a jazz trio playing in the background.

The dinner party was held at the Paris Marriott on Blvd Saint-Jacques, also the first hotel I stayed in (arrangements made by my cousin Nicky) when this dream of living in Paris began last year. It's as if it were yesterday, walking down the sidewalk in the rain in April 2008 asking a bus driver sitting in his parked bus, "Où est Boulevard Saint-Jacques?"

The Thanksgiving dinner was buffet style, which really made me miss my "Original" family in Las Vegas. I miss the Sunday after church buffets with Mom, Dad and Taylor and the All-you-can-eat Friday Seafood buffets with my brother and younger sister.

Tonights' dinner was hosted by the American Chamber of Commerce in Paris along with The American Club in Paris. The menu we shared was fabulous with all-you-could-eat of the following...
Waldorf Salad, Carrot and Grape Salad, Cajun Chicken Salad, Endive & Walnut Salad with Roquefort, Caesar Salad, Crisp vegetables and dip.
Pumpkin Soup
Roasted Turkey, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Baked Pumpkin,Green Beans.
Cinnamon Pecan pie, Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie, Cheesecake, Brownie, Fruit Salad
Corn Bread.
(I wish I had one of mom's secret ziplock bags.)

There's so much to be thankful for in life, including a Happy Thanksgiving in Paris or where ever you are.
























No comments:

Post a Comment