Thursday, November 19, 2009

“Le Beaujolais nouveau est arrivé!”

Tonight is the celebration of Beaujolais Nouveau, the new wine harvest from the region of France called Beaujolais! I am excited to go out and taste the newly bottled Beaujolais wine during this celebration held the 3rd Thursday of November each year.

The night of celebration begins by walking out the front door and seeing (to my surprise) the holiday lights illuminating the street and alleys in a magical, quiet surprising way! "We'rrre herrre!", the holiday season lights whisper to me as they sparkle and smile. My jaw drops as I smile and enjoy their beauty. "I can't believe you're really here, already." I say to them in my mind with my mouth still open.


The plan was to have 'no plan' for enjoying the evening and tasting new wine at a few, one, two, three, or more wine bars, restaurants and Parisian brasseries celebrating the new wine harvest.

Bar number one, was quite, cozy and charming.
Bar number two, my first taste of Le Beaujolais Nouveau and I understand now why a "good" wine needs time to age for flavor. Hmm, I wonder if I can spit it out? New wine is not so great in my opinion, but it makes a great cause for celebration.
Is that really hay on the floor of a bar in Paris or is it just the effects of the Beaujolais Nouveau?
Easily amused.
Bar number four, or is it the sixth and are those leaves or hay?
The Nouveau wine gets better as the evening goes on. Cheers! to good friends, good laughter, lots of fun, Le Beaujolais Nouveau and a mail monkey ;-)

2 comments:

  1. the wine looks delicious!! and i'm sure after the 4th wine bar, it does taste better, haha

    vic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are correct! Thanks for the comment...on this page ;-)

    ReplyDelete