Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday Out in Paris

I thought I was over the R2D2 Cold I had, so Wednesday I said "Yes" to everything.

"Yes, I will keep a morning appointment just around the corner from my apartment."
"Yes, I'll go out to dinner with you."
"Yes, I will take over the Conversation Group."
"Yes, I will go shopping after the Conversation Group."
"Yes, I will attend your first Wednesday Evening Social."

This afternoon, getting off the metro in the 18th Arrondisment, was a fascinating site for my eyes. (I love Paris!) Since I'd been in bed sick for the past week. Today was my first real outting in the semi-sunshine. I took a few photos.



Notice all the "Men" caring for their children at the carasol? It's common to see French men caring for the children during the day. If I were back in the states, and saw so many men watching children on a merry-go-round, I'd be a little suspecious.


Almost every day in Paris, I see men pushing the stollers, carrying babies strapped to their chest, or holding the hands of their children walking down the street with the woman beside them. It was not common site for me to see in America.



The Metro, the merry-go-round, a church and apartments all in one 'eye-full'. Paris is a site to see.



Another view from across the street



After walking up the meto steps and through the streets of the 18th neighborhood, I'm out of breath, and thinking maybe I'm not fully recovered after all. Finally we arrive at the Resturant L'Oxalis, for a traditional French food experience.


Resturant L'Oxalis



Amuse the Mouth starter. Yum,Yum,Yum,Yum,Yum (according to a 5-yum scale used with another friend in Paris)


The traditional white fish. Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum.5 (would have recieved 5Yums, but there was NOT ENOUGH!I wanted more!)


In the original version full color version of this photo, I looked like the R2D2 flu leftover. So I washed out the photo to disguise the look of the walking flu


Hosting the Conversation

After a wonderful lunch and conversation with a friend at L'Oxalis, I hopped back on the metro and headed to the French-English Conversation group.

Getting more tired. Then Shopping, then off to a Wednesday evening social.
My throat is sore again from talking all day, the night air makes me cough, I'm tired, but not hungry.
Maybe next week when I'm out and about, I'll get the flu shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment