Sunday, May 31, 2009

I've Reached My Peak

Today I realized that I am an elite athlete, only in my mind!





The "Reach Your Peak" run seemed like an easy run, but not when you seriously have "Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome". This is me BEFORE the race. Okay, so the prescription meds had me fooled. I thought my knee would be okay to run a few miles...I was wrong. Ten minutes into the race, my knee reminded me of how stupid I was for signing up for the race. I had to walk - actually it was more like a hopping, limping, hobble walk. Thankfully, this was a Run, Walk, & Stroll event, so I didn't finish in last place.

The weather was beautiful and I really enjoyed limping along the course at 8AM, behind a 3 year old and his mother. He was having fun looking back laughing at me as I limped closer, he would start to run faster...I never manged to pass the little brat :-)

While running or trying to run, I realized that I don't want anyone telling me what I can and cannot do, even if it is a Doctor, who told me that I would not be able to run for at least 3 months...or was it 3 weeks?

I didn't want to believe her. I want to be the one who makes the decisions in my life. I have decided that after today, I will NOT be running for a while. Maybe one day, I will decide to follow the Dr's instructions.

Later today, I missed the rental furniture pick-up, so they rescheduled for Wednesday. That's better for me anyway.

I did manage to sort through a few more of the clothes I have all over my bedroom floor. It's sooooo hard to pack for three seasons! Actually, I have to keep reminding myself that this time, I am moving to Paris to "Live"...this is not a vacation. I plan to make my life over there, but how do I manage to take everything I need in a few pieces of luggage? How am I going to make this happen without the support of the military that I've always had for my overseas moves? I've never had to pack for a move like this. It's a real challenge. This will be an amazing adventure.

I am still trying to scale down and simplify my packing, but somehow, I have TOO MUCH STUFF!! How many pieces of clothing do we really need to survive anyway? How many winter coats does one girl need? I think I have 5 and I think I need them all. How many shoes? That's another story. How about pajamas and lingerie?! Simplifying Life is not Simple.

Those depressing thoughts from yesterday realized that there was no room in my mind for them to stay. Instead, thoughts of love, joy, hope and the Paris adventure took up all the space in my mind. They were invited to stay. Those wonderful light thoughts began to multiply in my mind and caused my body and soul to want dance! Today was a good day, eventhough I don't have my STUFF organized for this move...yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment