Thursday, May 28, 2009

Last Day at Work

This morning, my office threw a nice going away breakfast (petit déjeuner) for me. Petit déjeuner is my favorite meal of the day. I even love eating breakfast at night. I must admit that I really work with a great group of people. They are all so intelligent and very talented in so many ways...all defending our country and other areas from the treat of missiles!

Speaking of talent, one co-worker is actually a professional magican and he knows how much I love magic, so he performed a small magic show for the group during the breakfast. It was one of the nicest going-aways I've ever had!

Since this blog is my "Paris Focus", let me provide an update on my moving to Paris status.
Today I "out-processed" from the actual government facility I worked. Tomorrow, I have to "out-process" from my civilian company, which is at a location about 10 miles from where I was working. There were several layers of security to get into this job (which was really supposed to be located in Germany), and now there are several layers to get out...I just have to do them all in reverse before I am totally free to leave. I will be officially job-less after this Friday.

I've already purchased my flight to Paris, leaving Las Vegas on 10 Jun and arriving in Paris on 11 Jun. (yipee) Hopefully this blog will become more exciting then...

My apartment in Paris for the next 6 mos to 1 year is reserved and located in the 17th arrondisment. (small yippee, for small studio...but its a start!)

My accountant still has not finished my taxes. (she filed an extension in April) Don't know what's going on there, but I will call her this weekend.

My house is still on the market for sale, but I will rent it out next month if it does not sell. There are several people interested in renting, but not buying, so I don't think it will be a big problem to find a tenant to rent it next month.

I still need to re-finance this house so that I can lower the mortgage closer to the amount I can expect for rent. Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. I also need my taxes to be finished for this process.

Oh, and then there's the too much stuff! Will I need therapy to help me LET GO OF THE STUFF...THE EXCESS STUFF...LET IT GO?!! I had to yell that out to myself.
I plan on fininshing my "simplify project" this weekend also. We'll see how I feel...

That's were I am in this "Move to Paris and Live my Dream" process.

I know there's something else I am supposed to do, but I don't remember as I am typing, so maybe I will write about it next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment