Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day 10k Run - Bolder Boulder, I did it!

I ran the 10k race today in Boulder, Colorado with my friend Jamie. Boulder is a beautiful little city and the weather was perfect for running.

Remember when I wrote about having bad knees? Well, it's true, my knees started hurting after about 3o minutes or almost at the 3 mile point, but I kept running (most of the race). It took us about 1 hour to finish. Eventhough I sit here in pain right now, I loved the run! Hopefully I will keep up with my fitness, and maybe my knees will get stronger. (wishful thinking)

Here's the race link, if you want proof that I actually finished.

http://raceday.onlineraceresults.com/individual.php?bib=MA359

Also, this evening had a great dinner with my supervisor Barry and his wife. He's really sorry that I could not continue to wait for the German budget approval, but he's also happy (and his wife) that I have decided to follow my dream. They wanted to take me out to dinner one last time, before I leave. He and his wife are a few of the absolute nicest people in Colorado Springs. This world would be heaven on earth if all the people in the world were as kind as they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment