Saturday, May 23, 2009

Too Much Stuff

Hi, my name is Florence and I am a “Stuffaholic”. There I said it. The first step in recovery is to admit the problem. So I admit it, I have bought too much stuff, and my life has become unmanageable. The “stuff” consumes me right now. I can’t think clearly and I cannot move freely.

Today I looked at myself in the mirror and thought, “I’m going to move to Paris, to live out my dream; I should be excited and happy….” but instead, I am stressed out because of all the clothes, shoes, scarves, boots, coats, sweaters, p.j.s (yes, I have enough sleepwear and socks for half the girls in Oprah’s school in Africa, not to mention enough panties and bras for all the female teachers!)…all over my bedroom floor.

I am still trying to figure out how much “stuff” to take to Paris? How much will be excess baggage? Should I leave some ”stuff” in Vegas with my family….wouldn’t that just be spreading my “stuff” around but not really solving the problem?

I know I will find a solution, because things always seem to work out…we’ll see.

New Affirmation: From the book: “The Game of Life”

I cast this burden on the Christ within and I go free.

No comments:

Post a Comment