Thursday, July 2, 2009

Finally Cooking in Paris

Here it is...my first "cooked" dinner in the Paris apartment. Yes, this was quite an accomplishment. I was inspired to cook after I went to a small cafe and realized that I was paying about $5.60 for a small bottle of WATER!



When I converted the lunch euros to dollars...the frozen veggies and pork waiting in my fridge started to seem like a great option to dining out....So here it is....







Okay, so it's not exactly 3 stars...maybe 1 for the effort!





I thought about adding fresh bread from the corner boulangerie...but the less carbs consumed in Paris, the better!

Presentation will have to come later, maybe when I move to an apartment that actually has a dining table?!



What ever you have for dinner tonight...I wish you Bon Appetit!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, that looks pretty good! And that pork chop looking meat looks like pork chops. Your two burner stove cracks me up. It's so petite. I've heard that the tap wate there is not so good for drinking. Is that why the bottled water? And where is your wine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kristin, You're my "faithful" Comment follower! I enjoy reading your comments.
    Actually the water in Paris is Excellent for drinking right out the tap!
    I have the bottles to take on the metro...etc. And just happen to have one for dinner.
    Wine is a Great idea. I think I FORGOT to pick some up! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. The dinner was not bad, except I actually cooked the pork chops in butter becuase I did not have any oil. Other than that...not bad for a first here! It can only get better with practice...like my French!

    ReplyDelete