Thursday, July 9, 2009

Not Feeling Well Today :-(

The weather is changing from warm sun shiny days with a cool breeze to a little chilly, not so bright, sometimes drizzly and sometimes rainy days and nights. I feel like I'm coming down with something.


My younger sister would laugh at that statement, because every year when I was in the Air Force, I would return to Las Vegas (home) for the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas) and would constantly say, "I think I'm coming down with something..." but I never ever really came down with anything. No one else seemed to care or acknowledge my yearly illness, except my younger sister when she would lovingly say, "Yes Florence, you might be coming down with something, or maybe you're just a hypochondriac, have you thought about that?"


To this day, I believe that I was really coming down with something back then, eventhough I never got sick. I think it was from all the mandatory flu shots we had to recieve in the military, and I always the shot right before the holidays.


Well, I haven't received the flu shot here in Paris, but nonetheless, I still feel like I'm coming down with something...maybe a French Cold? French Flu? Is the Pig Flu still going around?


I decided to get outside to get some fresh air ....oh, after finally finishing the "TEST" and emailing it back...(no reply yet. That will be another blog) and buy some orange juice. Maybe I need some vitamin C. Maybe the test was making me sick?

The Little Shopi Grocery Store near my apartment
My intentions were to shop here at Shopi, but the prices are higher, so I decided to walk another block to Franprix my favorite little grocer, small and cozy with better prices.
Yes, this is more like it, not too big, not too crowed, nice fresh produce, simple layout. Now, where's the orange juice?


Oh yes! Le Tropicana! (or is La Tropicana?) I think I will be feeling better in no time.

Here's one thing that is definitely French. These are my favorite ham slices (Jambon) to buy and make wonderful ham and cheese sandwiches. (with French Butter...Beurre) But here in Paris, they only seem to come in packages of 2 slices or 4 slices....oops, I just noticed as I am writing this and looking at that photo, I accidently put that one package back upside down. (Stupid American...should be able to read even if not feeling well...).

Anyway, why do they go through all the packaging and printing for just 2 slices of ham? Interesting huh? I always buy 4 slices...



If I add a Chocolate bar to my cart, I'll be sure to feel better!


Franprix has the best brand of chocolate bars out of all the other grocers. How do I know? Adrian Leeds did the research for herself and shared the results with me. Of course, I had to verify and compare the reasearch myself, and I totally agree...in the end, the brand Leader Price chocolate bars are the best quality and tasting...see for yourself when you visit Paris.

After shopping and walking back out in the chilly weather, I was too tired to make anything for dinner and I am trying to stay on a budget, (without much luck). I did not want to go to a bisto or resturant or even cook.
There was only one solution...Cheeseburger, Small Fries and a Diet Coke!


Ahhhh, McD...I'm Lovin' It!

I realize that most of my friends, co-workers, neighbors, relatives, etc, DO NOT like Mc Donalds. But I must say, I still love the Cheeseburger, small fries and a diet coke...Ever since I was 4! My sister once tried to get me to change to the dollar menu double cheeseburger...Nope, too much beef, it was not the same...and another friend suggested I try the Big Mac..oh, that drippy sauce...ick!

When Benny and I were talking about our future (years ago), I told him I wanted to spend our honeymoon in Switzerland where they had just opened the first McDonalds Hotel. It would have been heaven (for me anyway!) I think they built that hotel just for me. But I don't think I would spend my honeymoon there now.

Ahhhh, Life is Good now!

1 comment:

  1. HI, it's Sandra. I'm a sucker for Mickey D's hamburger and small fries (I can usually skip the diet coke)!

    ReplyDelete