Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Wonderful Birthday Afternoon and Evening!

A Happy Birthday in Paris at Notre Dame...

After Breakfast this morning at Les Deux Magots, the streets of Paris called out, "It's your Birthday...Buy something Special!"


Random Shopping in Paris
Every pastry was waiting for me to purchase...
Even for my birthday, I resisted the Macaroons!


Paris has a very special energy...every day!

The flowers seemed to say, "Happy Birthday" as I walked past....


Dinner with Adrian

Later this evening, after our French-English conversation group, Adrian and I went out to dinner to celebrate! She discovered a wonderful cozy little cafe inside a narrow passage way.

The food was deliciously French.


Having birthday dinner with her, was an amazing, relaxing, casual evening of great food, interesting, meaningful ENGLISH conversation, a little bit of French lessons, and lots of laughter!

The icing on the cake was the hilarious birthday gift she surprised me with...not only treating me to dinner, but also giving me a gift bag full of American Log Cabin and Betty Crocker Buttermilk Pancake mix!
I had told her just last week that I missed American pancakes like my younger sister always makes in Las Vegas. American pancake mix cannot be found in the French grocery stores.

Who would have known that one of the best birthday gifts I've ever received would be pancake mix in Paris...Just Add Water! ....only come from Adrian Leeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment