Sunday, June 7, 2009

Friday's Change of Plans




On Friday, my plans to drive to Vegas changed. My sister told me...last minute...that my nephew (really an elite athlete) would be competing in the Southern Nevada National Track and Field Championship in Albuquerque, New Mexico on Saturday.





I stayed in Colorado one more day on Friday, and started the drive South to Albuquerque on Saturday afternoon...6 hours of driving...







Driving to New Mexico

It was a happy afternoon, driving and listening to my French Lessons on CD from the Alliance Francais, Paris...(Alain, my French instructor in Colorado would be proud of me...





Driving and Listening to French makes me smile...





It's a long drive from Colorado Springs to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Sometimes the scene was a little boring...

Almost there....

I could hardly wait to see my nephew in the completion. He's the Number One Junior Olympian in the state of Nevada in the 800m run. Six hours later..Finally I arrive to see my nephew.

My Nephew


An Elite Athelite (on right)
It was a long day. On Sunday morning we will drive to Las Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment